|Our client is a company leader in the Italian financial markets, part of an international network.
For their Italy Regulation Team, we are searching a high-calibre candidates to take up the following challenging role:
SECONDARY MARKETS, SETTLEMENT AND POST TRADE MANAGER (PTM – FB – 20)
The candidate will be placed in the Italy Regulation area in a senior role coordinating resources and providing guidelines on the specific area of accountabilities among the Capital Market and PostTrade Divisions.
- Define and update rules and instructions for Italian Legal Entities, based on the company objective and on the market need ensuring the regulatory coordination and the consistency within the regulatory framework
- Verify the adequacy and coherence of rules with international standards and the operational development considering the applicable regulatory framework for intermediaries, markets and issuers
- Analysis of the projects and legislative proposals at National and European level to evaluate potential impacts on rules, organisation and operation of the markets and of post trading services. Identification of the risks, business opportunities and Position Paper elaboration
- Institutional relations with national Authorities in relation to the regulated activities
- Monitoring regulatory framework at EU and national level.
Knowledge & Experience
- Graduate in Economics, Law or Political Science
- Proven track record of at least 10 years in a similar position
- Deep knowledge of market regulations (MIFID and implementing regulations), on legislation and regulatory compliance
- Knowledge on technical operative issues for the market operation, secondary markets, derivative products, the custody & settlement system, the behaviour of intermediaries and Post Trade activities with particular reference to the operation of MT and to the settlement and liquidation process
- Experience in international work contexts, with strong relational and negotiation skills related to the functioning of complex work groups
- Highly involved in the supervision of requirements and related policy work at EU and at National Level
- Confidence to manage both internal and external stakeholders (Authorities)
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and organizational skills to mobilize and motivate delivery in a co-operative and collaborative working environment
- Valued for organizational capabilities and adaptability to diverse working environments, constructive attitude and ability to understand multifaceted issues, approached with a strategic and result oriented perspective.
- Ability to gain consensus among staff and drive initiatives to completion effectively
- Ability to work independently and assume responsibility for project deliverables
- Self motivated, self starter, team player
Fluency in both written and spoken English is essential.