It is a medium-sized company, part of an international global Group, operating in the manufacturing and assembly of mechanical appliances.
In order to support and secure the growth the company is currently experiencing, we are searching a skilled Supply Chain Manager to take care of Material Planning and Purchasing in close coordination with the Manufacturing area.
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER (SCM – AZ – 19)
The new incumbent will report to the Managing Director and will provide leadership, direction and management to a small team focused on Material Planning and Purchasing
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Analyzes demand and customers’ orders, calculates material needs and allocates them to suppliers in respect of the due dates / planning parameters.
• Controls stock level, stock accuracy and fixes the planning parameters to ensure a lean supply of components within the most suitable procurement policy for MTS, MTO, ATO product groups.
• Identifies, evaluates and establishes contracts with suppliers in coordination with Quality team ensuring the most convenient supply sources in economic terms, by service level, by reliability and by quality.
• Review or update supply chain practices in accordance with new or changing environmental policies, standards, regulations, or laws.
• Optimize transportation routes to maximize economy by combining shipments or consolidating warehousing and distribution.
• Develop material costs forecasts or standard cost lists.
• Appraise vendor manufacturing ability through on-site visits and measurements.
• Negotiate prices and terms with suppliers, vendors, or freight forwarders.
• Monitor supplier performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements.
• Implement new or improved supply chain processes.
• Collaborate with other departments, such engineering, and quality assurance, to identify or qualify new suppliers.
• Develop or implement procedures or systems to evaluate or select suppliers.
• Set up a planning system to forecast demand or create supply plans that ensure availability of materials or products with the help of MRP or other informatics tools
Qualifications, Background Experience & Skills:
- Minimum 10 years working experience in a Supply Chain or Demand & Material Planning role gained in a complex small to medium-sized manufacturing plant, preferably with international connections/ownership
- Experience in team management
- Higher education level in Engineering or Management
- Fluent English mandatory
- Proficient with the use of ERP systems (i.e. SAP) and having a clear vision of their ERP/PLANNING modules
Natural leadership style, teambuilding culture, hands-on approach, priority setting and problem-solving.
Based: north-west of Milan